Crafty Rantings

I'm Crafty. I Rant. These are Crafty Rantings!

Thursday, October 04, 2007

For Mom


Hopefully you can click on the picture to see the scarf and hat up closer but in case not, I will also post pictures that are closer.

I love the colors. I think it was at least 5 years ago when I made these. The scarf is my own pattern. I didn't like the pattern the booklet gave to match the hat. I wanted the scarf to be just like the hat. So I took the hat pattern and figured out the multiples and just made the scarf as wide as I wanted in pattern and then followed the pattern from the hat to make the scarf. It's crochet and the fun part is the front post stitch. For some reason I have a hard time working the back post. Gee, when my grandmother and her sister-in-law taught me to crochet 43 years go all we did was sc, dc, hdc and chains. No trebles, post stitches or anything like that. So since I spent many years just doing things on my own, I learned those kinds of things, used them for hats and eventually the doilies I taught myself, the crochet thread snowflake ornaments. When I think of what I taught myself!! And now everything is easy to learn. There are videos all over the internet to show you exactly how to do it. Granted, I like that. I use it for knitting once in a while. But not often.

Crochet is faster than knitting but not always as versitile. You can make dishcloths with some patterns but they're usually ripples or stripes or things like that. Designs in the patterns, like the smiling flower in the yellow cloth I made for mom would have to be cross stitched into the design. I like knitting them in. But for things like baby blankets, I prefer crochet. And I now have a couple of patterns for things like scarves that I want to try for crochet.

Here's the scarf up close. And the hat.
I will post a quick goodbye before I leave. No idea when I can blog again once Iget to New Hampshire.
Looking forward to seeing Ally & Matt on my birthday! And Mom on Saturday and Den on Sunday!! And on the 13th, Sherry and Jeannie on the 16th (I think). Oh, did I mention I was looking forward to saying hello to a chocolate birthday cake? Well I am. hehehe
Email me my crafty (and non-crafty) friends! Stay in touch! I will try to do the same. I will miss you!
For all of you, I wish you love, happiness, peace, soft yarn that never tangles and plenty of time to do the things you wish with the people you love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home