Crafty Rantings

I'm Crafty. I Rant. These are Crafty Rantings!

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Sadness

I am very sad. My dear friend Brooke seems to be the only other person left from the KC who posts. I know it's supposed to be fun and it does take time. I'm in a swap that requires weekly postings and I know Brooke is in the Secret Pal Swap which requires you keep your blog updated but Linda, Julie and Roni have stopped. We haven't been able to find a time we can all get together again, either, since, well, probably all year. I admit that I keep my blog going as my own knitting/crochet journal and a way to keep in touch with people. And I like to show what I've been working on. I have been a very busy penguin tonight. I finished the second dishcloth I wanted to make to take with me for my mom, made the entire crochet dress dishcloth for Ally that I promised her, made a Grandmother's Favorite coaster for the new gal at work to match the ones I made everyone else and I worked on my scarf. Oh yes, I also started a dishcloth, ripped it out, picked a new pattern and will try again. The scarf is long enough to cast off but I just am not ready. I'd really like to use as much of the yarn as possible but that's a lot of yarn! So I think I will cast off and save it to use with some other yarn to make a stashbuster scarf sometime.

But I had to post to say how sad I am that my local knitty friends seem to have spread to the corners of Chico, Paradise and Oroville. I miss getting together with them and getting advice and help and sharing patterns and the motivation and inspiration they gave me. They certainly made me stretch my skills. Back about a gazillion years ago I did something very small with cables (I'm old - I can't remember what it was). I have some cute patterns in a pamphlet I bought that call for using cable stitch holders and twisting to the left and right and ... well, I'd like to give it a try. But with no real in-person support it's going to be hard. I will end up going to a video tutorial on the net and keeping at it until I get it right. This is also why I will probably never try socks again. (I'm sighing)

I know our lives change and we move in different directions. I know we are all still friends. We just have other things going right now. But Brooke, Roni, Julie, Linda and Heather, if you want to get back together sometime to knit or chat or just hang, let me know. I miss you all. I wouldn't be the crafty lady I am today if you hadn't helped me.

I miss the KC and I am sad.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:39 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    i heart you still :-)
    i got together for the knit day at brooke's, but there isnt a meeting schedule :-( let me know when the next knit day is and i will try to come.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home