Crafty Rantings

I'm Crafty. I Rant. These are Crafty Rantings!

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A Picture and a Surprise


Here is the scarf I am making out of the beautiful rose wool/mohair yarn (hand dyed!) that Kaylee gave me last year. It is so gorgeous and working up so nicely! I wanted to wait until I found a pattern I liked. This one calls for you to use up just about all the yarn and then cast off. Here is the simple pattern:

Cast on 18

Every row: K1, YO, K2together across the row

It makes a beautiful pattern. And it works up so fast!

OK, now here is the wonderful surprise! Well, wonderful for me.

Last year the wonderful little port on my computer where you plug in the cord that you attach to your computer to download the pictures from camera to computer developed a severe looseness. The only way to repair it is to replace the camera or spend lots of money. I didn't want to do either. I lucked out and someone at WalMart knew what I was talking about and found the last universal card reader which is a small device that you put the memory card from the camera into and then the cord plugs into your computer and you can download your pictures off the card that way. Ugh. But it works.

So I take the picture of the scarf and think, ok, no big deal.

Those of you who know me know that if I get down on the floor, I'm likely to stay there a while. Just gotta love arthritis and my right knee... NOT. But the last time I had to get down and look at my CPU I noticed a slot that looked like a card reader slot. But I haven't taken any pictures for a while and figured I would check it out next time I had pictures to download. Quite frankly since I wasn't truly sure it would work I worried, like I do about everything, that the card would get permanently stuck in there, wouldn't work, you name it. But I thought it was worth a try. Worst case scenario was I would have to buy a new card for my camera. But they aren't expensive. So I plugged it in and IT WORKED! Now I don't have to worry about what might happen if the plug in card reader decides to stop working.

Not important to anyone but me. Well, except that it means I will be able to continue to post pictures for quite some time (presuming the camera keeps working!).

1 Comments:

  • At 9:21 AM, Blogger k said…

    I went back to look through your blog and it struck me how gorgeous that yarn is in the picture.

    How did it turn out??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home