Crafty Rantings

I'm Crafty. I Rant. These are Crafty Rantings!

Sunday, September 30, 2007

It's Finished!!


Well I promised a picture. It's done. It's gorgeous! I love the color and texture and feel. It's 50% wool/50% mohair. I ended up not using all 220 yards... I just kinda gave up. It's so long already! There wasn't a lot of yarn left so I don't feel so bad especially since the end product is so yummy!
Oh... I have some yarn from NH that I purchased last year. I decided after I finished the rose scarf to make a scarf with that yarn. I cast on four or five patterns and couldn't find one that showed the design or that I really liked. I finally cast on the "mistake rib" pattern but it's slow so now I'm going to go scour around in the crochet CD Heather gave me to see if I can find a quick scarf pattern I like that will work with the variegated colors. I also need to find a baby bib pattern that is fast that I can make for Matt before vacation. And considering I have a very busy week, I'm hoping I can find something that only takes a day or so (I could start today!!).
But this rose mohair/wool scarf is so wonderful! The pattern is easy and quick and next time I want to make a scarf in a hurry or a lacy pattern with a more delicate yarn, this is it!

1 Comments:

  • At 3:13 PM, Blogger k said…

    Soooo pretty! I love it. What kind of pattern did you use?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home