Crafty Rantings

I'm Crafty. I Rant. These are Crafty Rantings!

Sunday, October 22, 2006

A New Project




I decided I wanted to make a dish towel out of the beautiful cotton yarn Kaylee sent me for my birthday. I didn't have a pattern. I went looking around on the net and found one but it looks like it's going to be more of a washcloth than a towel. But I will finish it. If it turns out nicely I will double the pattern and hopefully that will make a towel. The yarn was so beautiful I had to find something to make with it! The picture at the left doesn't really show you the pattern very well but it does show you that it's small. Still, I like it. I may just bind off and not do the part where you make a part you fold over to go over the rack because at this size, it is more of a washcloth than a dishcloth. Then I will make a towel out of the rest of it presuming I can find a partern I like. OK, I admit it - I like this pattern. It just isn't big enough for what I thought it would be. Doubling it might work but then again, it might just screw it up. Think I'll look for another pattern. Anyone knows where there's a good easy pattern for a dish TOWEL, please point me there. Here's a fuzzy picture (got too close) which hopefully will give you a better idea of what this pattern looks like.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:52 PM, Blogger k said…

    Wow... those colors knit up so pretty! I hope you like the end result.

    I think you could double the pattern without screwing it up, but I'm still a novice.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home