Crafty Rantings

I'm Crafty. I Rant. These are Crafty Rantings!

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Gotta Brag






OK... the pictures are fuzzy, still, because the zoom zooms but not as close as I'd like. So I'd rather be close and fuzzy than far away and post something to which the response is, "Oh, is THAT what that is?!?"

This is a felted bowl I made for ME. YES! FOR ME!! The rim is a combination of fingerweight yarn in blue and cream, 3 rows. The rest is a combination of merino wool, lilac and purple. The colors are so much more beautiful than you can see here.

After experimenting with beads for my mom's bowl, I wanted to do it for me. Now, fair warning to EVERYONE right now - I will NOT be doing this to every bowl. I like the plain ones, too. But for bowls without stripes, this is a nice little addition. This time I put light lilac colored beads in a row and above in a single row so that they were between the lilac ones, I put fake pearl-like beads. Oh my... this is so much more gorgeous than these pictures show. I may try to take more pictures later but I just had to do something right away and brag. :) I just couldn't help it. I finally have found a way to make beautiful gifts - felted bowls with rims and stripes or with rims and beads. Either way they make nice gifts. Easy to make and gorgeous. Here's a different picture. I hope later I can take some that aren't so fuzzy. And next time the KC gets together I will bring it so they can see how gorgeous it really is!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:16 PM, Blogger k said…

    Soooo pretty! You really outdid yourself!

     
  • At 4:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the bead element to the bowls! Bravo girlfriend - outstanding! I can't wait to see them.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home