Crafty Rantings

I'm Crafty. I Rant. These are Crafty Rantings!

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Smart Moves

OK, in my "normal" blog (yeah, yeah, I know... I'm a mutant... NOTHING is "normal" with me!) I posted up some things that I am proud of and feel guilty about so I figured I'd do something similar. Here, however, are what I consider to be my 5 smartest moves where crafting is concerned. There is no particular order to this list, btw.

1. I purchased a digital camera for other reasons but for which I now almost exclusively use for taking pictures of things I make.

2. I joined The Knitting Circle and gained a deeper and better friendship with 3 women I already knew and made 2 new wonderful friends. OK... wait... 3. I have to count Roni's sister Teri. She's a great lady!

3. I have expanded my knowledge of knitting and found out I could make things like purses and felted bowls. Still can't make Roadkill, though. I have put that away forever I am afraid.

4. I joined SP8. I've been having fun and making new friends!

5. I am making useable, pretty, fun, sometimes practical items while keeping my arthritis at bay.

I may be a mutant but I'm smart! :)

4 Comments:

  • At 5:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ummmm. I'm scared to ask but...
    What is roadkill?

    SP :)

     
  • At 9:29 PM, Blogger The Mutant Penguin Herself said…

    I will answer that here and in email. It's the hedgehog that you felt which my friend Linda and I have been working on forever, it seems. It's cute but tedious and tiring and I'm sure by now I have forgotten how to do anything related to the short rows or anything else. Gee, I'm not even sure I remember what a short row is!

     
  • At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Mutant . . . at our next CHAMPS gathering lets each work on our "roadkill" . . . I really hate having unfinished projects around (well more than 3) . . . besides I would like to give it away as a christmas present . . .

     
  • At 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Enjoyed a lot! »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home