Crafty Rantings

I'm Crafty. I Rant. These are Crafty Rantings!

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I Lied

I will post a picture later. But the truth of the matter is I lied when I postedon Monday that I was done knitting for the day. I can't help it. I inherited this thing from my mother where I just *can't* let something go until I'm satisfied. So, of course, Monday after I posted the striped bowl, I sat down with the same yarn and needles and made a new striped bowl. I did one row of each color up and down the bowl even to the cast off. Yes, I then felted it. The bowl is cute for my kitchen but I have decided if I do something like that again it will be 2 rows of each so that hopefully they won't really blend together when felted. I started to try that last night while waiting for my company to arrive and found I had twisted the little thing so I ripped it all out and, for the first time ever, said, "That's for the best."

With the weather over 100 every day and humidity almost as high, a swamp cooler that doesn't work in humidity over about 19% and a weekend where the forecast is 116, I think perhaps if I want to survive the weekend and live to knit again I am going to have to either go to a motel room for Saturday/Saturday night if I can find a cheap enough one or turn into a puddle.

Can water knit? :)

1 Comments:

  • At 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    this weather blows big time. I hate this 100 plus stuff. Bad hair days, too hot to workout (but I do anyway)... yarn gets too hot to hold - arrrgggg. Don't melt penguin - I am spinning some stuff for you to make me a bowl, OK?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home