Crafty Rantings

I'm Crafty. I Rant. These are Crafty Rantings!

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Update - Large Bowl


Here's the large bowl, dry. It still has a lot of its color in the light. I admit I like the size but it still seems a bit "floppier" than the small one. To be honest I can't think that they'd be of much use except to hold items to decorate your home with but that certainly would never stop me! I have vases in my livingroom holding my needles (bamboo in one, the fun ones some of us from the KC bought at Joann's in clear with twirls in them - hard to explain but they know what I mean!). If I can get myself in gear the next time the roses in the back yard bloom I can pick some and put them in the bowl to dry and add some scent to a room. Still, they are pretty and were a good use for the yarn my Secret Pal sent me. I will say this, though... while I have thought of making a set of the large and small to give away as gifts, because I think the small are cuter, if I do decide to do that I will make two small ones instead. But they are fast and pretty and definitely on my list of items to make as gifts. Not too much time or effort and a beautiful product!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:04 PM, Blogger Old Knitter said…

    Okay . . . I want to be on the "gift" list . . . my favorite color of the moment is a soft mossy green . . . hint hint hint!!!!

     
  • At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like the felted bowls. I was thinking of making one for my SP8 and putting "fake" veggies in it -or I saw some glass candy - thought of putting some of those in a bowl. Can you tell I am not kid friendly - veggies and glass that looks like candy..Yikes!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home