Crafty Rantings

I'm Crafty. I Rant. These are Crafty Rantings!

Monday, July 10, 2006

Boo Hoo

Boo Hoo! Two bad things yesterday but fortunately one good one, too. Good one - CHAMPS got together at Roni's and we surprised Julie for her birthday which is Thursday. A nice cool afternoon at a beautiful house with wonderful friends, knitting, food and a movie - no girl could ask for more!

But, alas, two bad things happened. I wasn't paying attention when I was knitting in the near dark at home. I held up the newest afghan project and saw I had dropped a stitch at least 6 rows down. Because it's in a pattern, I couldn't just rip to the spot and pick up. And when I got to the 9 rows of garter, I couldn't pick up enough stitches so I had to rip out everything and start over completely. Ratty thing is that I probably had over 50 rows done. There goes over a week of work.

And then the really bad thing happened. Yes, something even worse. I live without air conditioning. The fans usually are enough. Last night it was so hot that even with a fan blowing directly on me, it must have been about 100 inside my bedroom. It was about 1:30am last time I checked the clock and I was up at 5:30am this morning so I am one very, very pooped Penguin.

Anybody know where I can get a job and affordable housing in someplace where the average temperature year round is 50? (Hey, there should be a rule - you can't live anywhere where the daily temperature in the summer is higher than you age if you're over 50.)

So I am now hot, tired and frustrated. Gee, almost like being married again. hehehehe

3 Comments:

  • At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    When I lived in the heat of Texas, I used to cool down my body temp by taking a cool bath before going to sleep. It worked- sometimes I still do it if it's warm out.

    I'm sorry to hear about your afghan.

    SP :)

     
  • At 7:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I refuse to let you move too far away. We'd miss you too much. but if you realy want nice weather - try Monterey. Seaside and Marina have "decent" housing prices. Carmel thru the roof, but deals can be found. Move up the hill by me - we are wayyy cooler than your not little town. (more trees)

     
  • At 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey if you really want a cool place to live with affordable housing try Eureka, California!!!! Lived there 19-1/2 years and never used air conditioning . . . if you were hot you just opened a window (menopause heaven!!!) . . . but I REALLY REALLY REALLY DON'T WANT YOU TO MOVE . . . I don't know anyone else who has your wacky sence of humor!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home