Crafty Rantings

I'm Crafty. I Rant. These are Crafty Rantings!

Friday, June 30, 2006

The Felted Bowl


This is what the felted bowl looked like when it was done. This is the small version. It really DID look like a little hat. The loosely cast on stitches (necessary!) curled up and it looked like a hat with a rolled bottom. Truth be told, it really didn't take very long to knit and once it got to the decrease, it was done before I knew it! So that y'all can get an idea of what it looked like before and after, I thought I'd post both types of pictures. I probably should have taken one of the size bowl I used to display it in the before and after pictures but take in mind they are only one size different. I did not want to felt it into oblivion! Not after really, really, really wanting to do it and finally getting to it. Besides, I think that it turned out perfectly and I like the size. Now all I have to do is figure out what I could put into it. Christmas time I will put some silver ball ornaments in there to display instead of what I normally do.

So over to the right is the finished product. This is the bowl once it was felted. I ran it through the wash twice. I am not sure how well you can see that it is a little bit fuzzy (the way felted items are supposed to be!) or the color but it has a green rim and it's red/blue. To see the red/blue part better, here's a picture of the inside of the bowl, too.


Because this took very little time to make and it was fun and I *LOVE* the finished product, I am going to take the other yarn my Secret Pal sent me and make a LARGE felted bowl. If I have enough yarn left over from the two projects (she sent me 4! balls of this wonderful yarn!) then I may make another small one. BTW, the yarn that I used was Jojoland Rhythm color M24. One ball was more of a blue/green and the other was a red/green. The bowl is truly unique and fun and I have to say a BIG THANK YOU to my wonderful Secret Pal for sending me this great yarn and inspiring me to try making the felted bowl. Another thanks, again, to Linda and Brooke for making me jump into the unknown and doing it. I love you all!

3 Comments:

  • At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lynn - the bowl pics are BEEE UUUU TEEE FUL! And your survived the DPN issue!! I am so proud of you! When I first saw a project with DPNs I wanted to run for the hills. Now they are not a bother at all.

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow that looks cute! For reference, how much did it shrink when you felted it?

    :) SP

     
  • At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That bowl turned out real cute . . . can't wait to have you help me make one . . . you are now crowned DPN QUEEN!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home