Crafty Rantings

I'm Crafty. I Rant. These are Crafty Rantings!

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Gadget Girl and What's Shes Doing

Knitting. And knitting some more. I keep knitting until I'm reminded I have arthritis. Keep knitting until every joint aches and screams so loud I'm sure everyone in the neighborhood can hear them, too. Then take two Tylenol, do a dinner break and start in again. I believe that where my knitting and arthritis is concerned, it really is a case of no pain, no gain. I love the crafting. I can deal with the pain.

I'm working on a baby afghan and I only have 3 repeats left of the extremely LONG pattern (pattern is 22 rows) then only another 16 rows of edging (yup, I'm counting!) so I may finish it before the baby is born! I'm just plugging away at it. I have a month to get it done. Yeah... well... maybe not quite a month. :)

You can tell I have the summertime blues because I haven't purchased any yarn or needles in over a week. I am knitting my way through it. :)

You know, it sounds wrong to say I'm a needle junkie.... especially when I mean KNITTING needles. A yarn junkie? Well, I've always been more of a gadget girl which means it's needles and stitch markers and row counters and knitting bags that get me revved up. Maybe I can just say I'm a knitting/crochet gadget addict. :)

3 Comments:

  • At 8:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the gadgets too, but mostly I collect yarn. Maybe I just don't have the right type of gadgets yet!

    -SP :)

     
  • At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You might like this:
    http://community.livejournal.com/knitting/7191079.html?style=mine#cutid1

     
  • At 2:13 AM, Blogger Old Knitter said…

    You don't have the "summertime blues" . . . you are saving yourself for when we do a "roadtrip"!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home