Crafty Rantings

I'm Crafty. I Rant. These are Crafty Rantings!

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Secrets

I am keeping secrets, I admit. I have finished two projects but can't post them. I am working on two more that I won't be able to post about until later. But for now let me tell you I am working on some cute things. I've borrowed a pattern from two of my KC (Knitting Circle) friends that is really exactly what I was looking for - thank you!

I have recently purchased a copy of "The Knitter's Bible" and learned that the way I cast on is called "cable casting on" and is considered advanced. Gee. I just thought it was normal! But I learned from older women and everyone I knew was older who knit and everyone cast on the same way. It was a surprise to learn there was another way. Someday I will try to learn that one, too.

I am going to make a list of projects I want to work on and the order I want to do them in so I have some kind of playbook. OK... gameplan... OK... BUDGETING ASSISTANCE! I have allowed myself to get out of control with yarn purchases. So now I work on what I have and purchase some more inexpensive but good yarn at other sources for a while. I keep forgetting... I'm a yarn junkie (at least I *knew* I was an email junkie).

Time to go work on one of my projects. Wait until the secret is out and you can see the pictures! Wow!

6 Comments:

  • At 4:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, my friend, this is the first time I have visited a blog, although I have been blogged down in my mind for many years now! Congrats on upcoming Granny Hood! I am still waiting, so is Ruth, as it appears Jay takes all the glory with 5 beautiful graddaughters and one handsome Grandson.
    Angela and I will be making a trip north the last weekend in July through the following weekend. Meanwhile, I'll just have to dodge all the NASCAR drivers in Daytona Beach on my way to work!
    HUGS RAE

     
  • At 1:34 AM, Blogger knitknak said…

    you secret keeper you...ahaha
    keep on keepin...see ya soon.

     
  • At 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OK, budget assistance - you hang out with the wrong knitters - we are all crazy and some on parol!! You, mmissy, are a yarn harlot. love ya.

     
  • At 6:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OK, how is everyone posting those cute buttons on the blogs.. someone teach me.. next time we are all in town at LYS, someone must stop by and show me!!

     
  • At 5:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
    »

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home