Crafty Rantings

I'm Crafty. I Rant. These are Crafty Rantings!

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Who Knew?



A very emphatic THANK YOU to RS from my Knitting Circle for encouraging me to attempt knitting while on my stationary bike (hey, if she can do it on the treadmill, why couldn't I do it on the bike?). She was so right! It can be done! The key is to put your bag with the yarn far enough away on the floor and in such a position that the yarn won't get tangled in your pedals. Lucky for me I have the kind that doesn't have moveable arms. (Thanks to my friend Susan!)

So who knew you could knit and bike at the same time? I mean I already knew I could bike and watch something on tv (or even something I had taped - I am now an expert at biking and working 2 remotes at once!) but NOW I can get the exercise I need *and* knit *and* watch tv. Oh yeah, life doesn't get much better. All I need now is the IV with Hershey's chocolate syrup in one arm and the IV with diet Coke in the other!

7 Comments:

  • At 11:55 PM, Blogger Old Knitter said…

    Yahoo!!!! I have got to get me one of them there machines . . . have ya finished your little furry friend yet????

     
  • At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is so funny- I would injure myself trying to exercise and knit at the same time. I am in awe of you and your coordinated friends who can handle such a task.

    Enquiring minds want to know... what's on your needles right now?

    SP :)

     
  • At 6:32 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    awesome!

     
  • At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OK, I have problems walking and doing just about anything else at the same time. bike and knitting would be cause for a frantic call to 9-1-1. but then again, some paramedics are kinda hot - hmmmmm. perhaps i should dust off the exercise equipment...

     
  • At 12:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
    »

     
  • At 5:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
    »

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home