Crafty Rantings

I'm Crafty. I Rant. These are Crafty Rantings!

Saturday, June 03, 2006

A Tie Blanket



I made this blanket a while ago and sent it to my daughter. It is the first homemade present for my first grandchild due in December. I picked out the fabric because I love Pooh and it was colorful. I made it 1.5 yards by 1.5 yards which is just short of an adult sized and big enough that my grandchild can use it for many, many years.

I decided after making a bunch of blankets for other people for Christmas last year that I needed to make something for myself. My friend Susan taught me how to make these and so, of course, I made a bunch for Christmas presents. Well finally I found the perfect fabric - penguins! This fleece was so beautiful that I didn't mind paying $10/yard for it. I know it's the most expensive blanket I've made and yes, it's for me, but you know... I AM WORTH IT! Since you can't really see the ties, just the penguins, I purposefully took two shots so you could see the penguins up close and personal and then another so you could see the ties. I laid this out on my big leather chair and a half (a late Christmas present to myself in January, 2005) and it looks bigger than most of the blankets I've made. The good news, however, is that when next winter rolls around and I need it, I will be using it a lot. I have been exclusively using Susan's rainbow fleece blanket that she made me but I think that now Susan's blanket is gonna have to let Grammy Penguin's blanket take over. :) I can't seem to get the picture loaded with the ties so I will do that in the next post.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very very pretty- I love the pattern!

    SP :)

     
  • At 12:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
    »

     
  • At 5:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home