Crafty Rantings

I'm Crafty. I Rant. These are Crafty Rantings!

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Suggestions

I need some suggestions. I have so much yarn and I need a better way to store it and organize it. I have a little 3 drawer plastic thing but it's full. I have another bigger one also in the closet but it's hard to get to. I can't put plastic boxes or bags under the bed because I have a platform bed with drawers (and before you ask, that's where I keep the sheets for the bed). The closets are jammed packed. If I can ever get the two big boxes of DVDs out of the closet that would help because I could buy another plastic drawer thing to put it in and that might do the trick. But if anyone has some suggestions as to what I can do to better organize my yarn considering I have NO room to expand. Maybe a suggestion on how to re-organize the loads of things in the closet.

I realized the other night how out of control my yarn is at the moment and how hard to find exactly what I'm looking for when I'm looking. And yes, it's 99% cotton.

Any suggestions are welcome. :)

2 Comments:

  • At 7:00 PM, Blogger Brooke Knits said…

    I suggest the following: store in the sleeves of winter coats. This will only work for a short period of time - fall is here! OR get one of those thingies that hang from the door that holds shoes.. but put balls of yarn in the pouches. You can forego the use of your microwave and store in that!! Ohh better - claim your oven is broken - TONS will fit in the oven. Just write yourself a note and tape to door "broken, don't turn on" - OK, that's it for me. Good luck to ya.. I just cleaned out my stash closet and now can't find a damn thing.

     
  • At 8:41 AM, Blogger k said…

    Vacuum storage bags. Suck all the air out and flatten then and then stack.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home