Crafty Rantings

I'm Crafty. I Rant. These are Crafty Rantings!

Friday, January 04, 2008

Commissioned Work and Weekend Plans

The commissioned work, washcloths, is moving along. I forgot to take a picture of the first set. I am knitting two patterns, the feather and fan and the other is a pattern with squares (if you go to a very old post from early last year about Judy's washcloths, it those two patterns). Anyway, I am delivering them in a set of two at a time, one in each pattern. She's not in a rush but I would like to keep at it and get her a set every couple of weeks. Of course that is how long it takes to make them.

And remember that inbetween I have a couple of washcloth swaps I have committed to and a 6 inch square swap. I am going to finish the third of the commissioned washcloths this afternoon (hopefully) and then I am going to make all of my 6 inch squares for the swap so that is out of the way. A little work on my shawl. I am hoping to cast on Amy's hat. I still have no idea why I am having trouble starting that. I think it might be because I made 4 in a row last time. Once I start it won't be a problem. And who knows... maybe then when I am back to felting I will get my butt in gear and make a couple of bowls (pretty fast really) and a few bookmarks. I need to start working on a stash for presents and swaps.

Oh, did I mention I bought yarn to make my mom a shawl, too? Same Homespun yarn but in lilac. Absolutely wonderful. Since it's straight garter stitch (knit every row), that's a wonderful project to take along with me since I never have to worry about "where is the pattern" or "where am I in this pattern". I can also just pick it up and go at it while I watch tv.

Speaking of tv, with the horrible rain and wind we're having now and that is supposed to last all weekend, I am not surprised that my satelite dish isn't working. No tv except what I have on tape or DVD. As long as it's back tomorrow I can make it through today. Too bad I don't have any netflix movies - those are in the mail and no new ones will ship until Monday which means I "watch from my stash" instead. Poor me. Only 250+ dvds to choose from.

So I will finish one commissioned cloth, probably cast on the other, try to finish my shawl or at least get darn close, cast on Amy's hat and get started on 6 inch squares. Sounds like a lot, I know. And busy. The shawl is a knit-while-you-watch-tv-project which is good. And there is one thing I like about having a plan and a few different things to do. If I get bored working on one thing, I put it down and start working on the other. The 6 inch squares will be crochet which is also a nice break.

Did I mention I am going to pick up yarn to make an afghan? That's right - I have decided I am ready to make a big project. And since it's on big needles, it should be easier. Oh yeah, here's the kicker - while I have two sets of the size 13 and 15 tips for my Options needles, I am *not* starting Mom's shawl or the afghan until my own shawl is down and off the size 15 Options needles. Why? Easy... having two washcloths of my own still on the needles and planning to have at least one of the commissioned on the needles at all times, until I get a few things finished, I will NOT start anything big. That means everything for the swaps (4 washcloths and 4 of the 6 inch squares) and the shawl, I cannot start anything new unless it's for the swaps, commissioned work or Amy's hat. Time to stick to the plan.

I did say it was windy, cold and wet, right? Yeah. Perfect winter knitting weather. Just give me a fleece blanket to sit under, a cup of cocoa beside me and we're good to go. Oh, well, maybe throw in a Kiefer Sutherland movie or something Stephen King. Now *that* will make good weekend plans!

Stay dry and warm everyone!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:15 PM, Blogger Corinne said…

    Heck, you know down here in San Diego, it's always dry and warm!! Wow, you do have alot of projects going! That's how I am so I just don't get too bored. I hope all goes well. Have a nice weekend knitting under the blankets and watching movies.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home