Crafty Rantings

I'm Crafty. I Rant. These are Crafty Rantings!

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Yes, I've Been Busy!

You know... it's that time of year and I can't post pictures or talk about what I've been working on. Suffice it to say I have taken pictures and when I am back from my Christmas trip to be with Ally, Sean and Matt (and for Matt's first birthday!) I will be able to post lots of pictures. :) In the meantime, you will have to settle for this...


I know most everyone who reads this blog remembers how awful a time I had attempting socks at the beginning of the year. Yes, dumb me, I may try again in January. Anyway, that is not the point. Since I can't make socks, I didn't really think I could participate in the "Socks for Soldiers" program that Brooke knits socks for until she suggested making washcloths. I have sent her 3, have 3 more done and when I finish the current one, that batch goes off and I am done for a while. I am making basic, simple washcloths that are functional but nice. They also stretch. Here's a picture of one.



So until Christmas has passed, you won't be seeing much in the way of pictures. One thing, though. I did quite a while ago start myself a shawl. I am wanting to be able to work on this so I will rip it out and completely restart. No pattern. Just straight old garter stitch. I hope to get restarted before I get on the plane to go to Ally's.

And as a final word, I'd just like to encourage anyone who has a pattern for something easy and fast to let me know. I am always looking for something quick and easy. I am going to try to get back into a KAL in January. I liked doing those. This time, though, one at a time, not 3. That was too much! But it did help me stretch my skills and build my stash. One of these days I will go back to bigger projects. Yes, still need to make Amy's hat.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is where I check for my KALs: http://knitalongs.xaviermusketeer.com/
    She also has a section on swaps.

    Don't think too negatively about socks or it will never get to a point of being 'fun'. It took me two times to really get the hang of them, so its not something everyone gets on the first try. The DVD made it click for me- I'm a visual learner. Maybe learning in a class or with one of your knitting friends close by would be easier?

    I also highly recommend the Fuzzy Feet pattern from knitty.com. They are knit from worsted weight material so they knit up super fast, but you learn all about sock construction that way. And they are then tossed in the wash so all the mistakes are forgiven in the felt. We fought over the fuzzy feet in my house!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home