Crafty Rantings

I'm Crafty. I Rant. These are Crafty Rantings!

Friday, December 21, 2007

Some Scarves






I made scarves for 3 people for Christmas this year. To the left in a gorgeous navy blue is the scarf I made my brother. That's the easy one like I made myself in rose with the wool Kaylee gave me for my birthday last year.





I also made a scarf for my next door neighbor, Jan. It was the same pattern but I put long fringe on it. I don't think she's opened it yet but since I'm going away, I wanted to post pictures of some of what I have been crafting for this holiday. Let's see if I can get blogger to cooperate and post that picture, too. :)






Then I was tired of the pattern but wanted to make a scarf for my friend Vicky. One Friday she and I went to lunch and then stopped by a LYS where Sofia, the owner, told me how to make this scarf that I was admiring. Well, if you read my November 4th post, there's a picture of the scarf there. It's made with Divine and that one had eyelash yarn. It is fluffy and yummy and, well since it's size 35 needles, works up pretty darn fast. I got it in my mind I wanted to make one for Vicky in colors that would compliment her own coloring. I gave it to her Wednesday. She absolutely loved it and I am thrilled. It looks like this:


I wanted to post a picture of Vicky's carf so you can see the glizty eyelash I used. I put fringe on it and this light tanish color looks so nice on her!


It might be hard to see but to the left is Vicky's package. I found this glass container that looked like a purse with a flower in a stained glass pattern. It just was too cute to pass up. So I put the scarf in there and in the center I put an ornament which was an icicle shape with an angel at the top.

I will do another post showing a few other things I made. But for now, these scarves were easy to make and pretty presents and since I don't give those kinds of things often, next year I'll try to come up with something else. I like to give homemade gifts but it's hard to find new ideas when I don't do socks, don't like big projects and sometimes run out of time.

BTW, my friend Kaylee posted up a picture of a scarf she made using a pattern from the Yarn Harlot which I now think I will have to try. I have another scarf in the plans and the yarn but haven't started it but now I am thinking this might be a good project to take with me along with the shawl. Or maybe I should just leave well enough alone. :) Whaddya think? hehehe

2 Comments:

  • At 7:25 AM, Blogger Corinne said…

    You made so many gifts. You did great. I love all of the cloths and scarves, they came beautiful. Have a wonderful Holiday with your daughter and grandson.

     
  • At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Finally catching up on the last 6 weeks...

    I absolutely love the Harlot scarf. I highly recommend it- easy and elegant!!! You do such amazing work- I really need to buckle down and get started.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home