Crafty Rantings

I'm Crafty. I Rant. These are Crafty Rantings!

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Secrets

It's officially that time of year when we who craft are allowed to have secrets. We don't talk to people about what we're working on, even when asked. Doesn't matter if it's a friend, someone we work with or, even (forgive me) other members of my KC. I will make one admission, however, that the KC won't believe but...

I am *not* making them presents for Christmas. I am too tied up trying to make something for family and a few special friends who *do not* knit - oh please... we ALL have friends who don't knit, crochet or otherwise craft and that does NOT make them ineligible to be our friends! For me it's an opportunity to share what I do with someone who appreciates it as much as someone who DOES craft. The KC is probably going to get something silly like an IOU or something that can be done later. I actually have an idea in mind but can't share that here... they read this blog! :)

I have 5 presents which must be done very soon. OK, make that 3... those have to be shipped. The other 2 will be delivered by hand locally so hopefully I can breathe a little easier about getting those done... I already have 1.5 presents done. Please, don't ask about the half a present. Please. :)

So I am hoarding secrets and will take pictures and post AFTER the holidays (and before I go see my daughter, son-in-law and new grandson after he's born - I go in January when I know he will be here).

You keep your secrets. I keep mine. We can share in January. :)

3 Comments:

  • At 7:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree about giving handmade crafts to family and friends . . . they really appreciate them . . . and I don't believe that you are not making gifties for members of the CHAMPS!!!!!

     
  • At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    YOU are my Christmas present!! However, being the pain in the butt find of friend that I am.. WHAT'S UP WITH THE .5 PRESENT? I must know!!

     
  • At 11:45 AM, Blogger cablegal said…

    Oh come on now! You know that keeping secrets makes me want to know all the more. Come on, one little hint, what will it hurt? Okay, I will pressure you more later, maybe even on a daily basis. You will have to crack eventually. (tee hee)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home