Crafty Rantings

I'm Crafty. I Rant. These are Crafty Rantings!

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Bloggers Can Have No Secrets

It's impossible to have secrets when you blog. I have really, honestly, been knitting. The big problem is I cannot talk about them here because then there goes any kind of surprises for birthdays, holidays, anything. So how do I solve this problem? I'm going to talk about experiences instead of projects.

Before I do, however, I owe an extremely HUGE thank you to the person responsible for pushing me to grow as a knitter. Brooke. By inviting me to join the Knitting Circle (KC), she not only gave me an opportunity to get together with ladies I knew through another organization who became great friends and to make new friends (hi Roni!). It was there that I added to what I already knew. I could cast on, bind off, knit, purl, yarn over and for the most part, follow a pattern. I had made a sweater in the past, afghans and other simple things. Now I was making purses and learning how to felt. I would never have experimented or expanded had it not been for Brooke. So THANK YOU!!

I have also learned how to search out any yarn shops in any area I may be visiting. Ah yes, the internet is wonderful! And, knowing (as Roni puts it) the way of the string, I have the motivation to do so. :)

Hopefully I will sometime be able to post pictures of what I have been working on lately. Like after I give the item away. Until then, just know I *am* knitting. Honest!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home