Crafty Rantings

I'm Crafty. I Rant. These are Crafty Rantings!

Thursday, May 04, 2006

My Q&A

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

Well I like Noro and I've heard alpaca is good but I'm just a beginning knitter after having been away for probably 20 years so anything that's too silky would be hard on my hands and needles but otherwise, surprise me!

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

Right now I don't have anything but I would*LOVE* to find a good needle case. Currently all my needles are stored in a tote bag. Yuck.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

Oh I'm beginning again. Crochet, that's another matter.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

No but if someone would tell me how, I would!

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

Raspberry or floral. I absolutely HATE vanilla and mint.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Oh most definitely! CHOCOLATE! Again, no mint, please.

7. What other crafts of Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

No, no, no... and no interest in spinning. I love to crochet. I've done lots of other stuff in the past (fabric paint, cross stitch) but nowadays, just knit and crochet.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I like oldies and country but no rap or heavy metal! My computer probably plays MP3s, as far as I know. I burn regular music on mine from other CDs but haven't tried the MP3s.

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

I love pink! Also lilac and blue. I don't care much for the brown family.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I'm single and live alone with no pets. Oh yeah, I kill anything green that grows (awful for having grown up on a farm!)

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

Yes!

12. What is/are you favorite item/s to knit?

Right now, having just learned how to knit and felt a purse, probably those.

13. What are you knitting right now?

I'm attempting a baby blanket for my first grandchild. I'm also crocheting one. I just finished my first felted purse so soon I will be starting my next one.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

DEFINITELY!!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

I like the bamboo a lot! And turbos are nice, too! I like either kinds of needles having several of both.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

No but I would ADORE a yarn winder!

17. How did you learn to knit?

My grandmother and some elderly aunts as well as elderly babysitters when I was young. But really, my Knitting Circle has helped me learn so much more!

18. How old is your oldest UFO?

OK, I'm going to sound stupid. UFO? If that's unfinished project, right now about 3 days.

19. What is your favorite holiday?

Obviously, Christmas.

20. Is there anything that you collect?

I like yellow ducks/chicks but they have to have a personality. I also like cute pigs with cute faces. I have enough penguins, thanks. :)

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

No subscriptions although I probably should have one. There's a book out there about one skein projects that I would love and also "The Knitter's Bible".

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

Oh I know so few that anything is good!

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are you foot measurements?

No, I'm not. I wear size 7 shoes so I have no idea. I'd have to measure. If this comes up, ask me and I will!

24. My birthday... October 11th.

There you go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home