Crafty Rantings

I'm Crafty. I Rant. These are Crafty Rantings!

Friday, April 18, 2008

Friendship

Friends are very important to me. Even friends I don't see very often. For instance I only see Bev, Jeannie and Sherry, my college friends, once a year. But when we walk into the room, it's like we never left. Friends like that are so wonderful to have and, quite honestly, I make really good choices in friends because they are all like that. There are rough spots, for sure, but they are always smoothed out because we are friends and love each other. There is nothing I wouldn't do for a friend. And for extra close friends, and you should know who you are, they are family.

In times when my life has been really in the pits, there is one woman who has always been there with a helping hand, a smile, an encouraging word, a hug, lunch. And I met this wonderful lady 11 years ago exactly on April 16, 1997. I wanted to do something special this year to mark the occasion and to let her know how much her friendship means to me. I wanted to make her something I have never made anyone before. And I tucked a little yellow duck figurine inside just for fun. Here is what Jo found on her desk Wednesday morning:



The pattern came from "One Skein Wonders" and it's crochet. It took me longer than I thought because I put it aside. It really is a quick crochet, though, with just chain, single and double crochet. I am thinking I need to make a few smaller ones and tuck washcloths in them. Maybe if I get ambitious I could even do it for the SFS program. We'll see, though... Anyway, this tan one is really cute and it was fun and, most importantly, it was to celebrate that 11 years ago I met a fantastic friend. And she is definitely worth celebrating!

I am so glad to have you in my life Jo! Many hugs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home