Crafty Rantings

I'm Crafty. I Rant. These are Crafty Rantings!

Friday, February 12, 2010

Odd Habits

A very long time ago I wrote about an odd habit I have when knitting. While I was waiting for my car to be repaired a few nights ago I observed a few other little odd habits I have while knitting and thought I would share it and maybe at the same time it would make you a little more aware of the things you do by habit that are, well, not like anyone else.

I am working on a scarflet. Yes, I have made several of these. I need to post a picture of one of the ones I have made recently because I have started adding a crocheted flower to the end you put through the slit. Anyway, I was working on one at the repair facility in the waiting area and noticed...

When I turn the needles to start the next row I do two interesting things, one of which I know a lot of people do. The shared habit - I push all the stitches together and towards the end of the needle so I can move them up easier (and not as often) as I knit. But before I do that, here's the habit I have which I haven't seen anyone else do: I make sure all my stitches are straight on the needle which means if they have rolled a bit I push them back so that the entire work is straight below the needles. I am not really sure how to explain this except to say that that is exactly what I am doing - making sure the stitches are all straight. I do that right before I push them all up towards the point of the needle for easy access.

Now that I am aware of some of these things I hope that I notice more habits I have so that if it's not facilitating the ease of knitting (or crocheting!) I can maybe break myself of the habit.

When I go back to living by myself I admit that I am looking forward to being able to put the point protectors back down the front of my bra. At least then I don't keep knocking them off the table and having to crawl around the floor to figure out where they went. Yeah, I know... odd. But then again what would you expect from a mutant penguin?

Another post with some pictures soon, I hope.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    POINT protectors down your bra??? is that what madonna was doing when she came up with hose coned shapped boobs??? madonna knits!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home