Crafty Rantings

I'm Crafty. I Rant. These are Crafty Rantings!

Monday, December 31, 2012

Still Ranting, Still Crafting

Yes, I am indeed still ranting and definitely still crafting.  I am working on a project right now that is a big one for me - a lapghan.  I made one for Amy for Christmas but I'm not sure the picture is good enough to post.  Hers was done in variegated green, tan, brown colors and now I am making one in just a buttercup yellow.  I am hoping to finish that so I can mail it to my mom for her birthday which is February 2nd.

For Christmas my daughter Ally gave me a wonderful gift - a yarn winder!  I have already used it twice and love it!  I found that I do NOT need a swift and the easiest way to feed the yarn into the winder is this:  I have a flat-bottomed tote bag from a local bread company.  I put the skein of yarn in there and it just twirls around as it unwinds from the skein and winds into the ball.  It keeps it far enough away that I can manage it as well as keeping it CLEAN.

I made very long wrist warmers for Christmas for my friend Tammy, my mom, my ex-sister-in-law Lynn AND a pair for me!  I had seen this pattern with scalloped edges that I liked but when I tried the pattern, found I really didn't like the pattern.  So I searched the internet and found a pattern for long wrist warmers and modified the pattern so that once I was done, I went around the edge for the hand and made a scalloped edge.  They are very pretty.  I will get the pictures off the camera some day and post a picture.

I love winter because I can work on something all the time.  So I will try to get a few presents done ahead of time.

Hope everyone had a good 2012 and keep crafting in 2013!  Even if nobody reads this blog any longer, at least *I* know it exists!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home