Crafty Rantings

I'm Crafty. I Rant. These are Crafty Rantings!

Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Other Two

I promised pictures of the brown child's hat (in process) but it is really too hard to tell. Will post when it's finished. Right now I am working on Isabelle's scarf. And I will also work on the denim colored capelet and post a picture when it's done. I want to have a picture on here with me wearing it. So sorry about that... you got washcloth pictures instead. Please don't shoot me.

Oh and yes, the local good yarn store is having a sale through today so I have to go back and see if I can find another good bargain. I got the eyelash fur funky stuff for the 3 scarves for the girls plus 2 balls of soft alpaca the last time. I had a filled "frequent buyer" card which took me years because I hardly ever shop there and because if you get it on sale, you can't get a stamp. I used that $20 and it ended up costing me $1.07. So I still have money in my yarn budget. Gonna go buy myself some more of that nice alpaca which is usually $5/ball (it's very small) and with a couple of those I am going to make a scarf for my mom's cousin and I think I will buy enough to make one for my friend Vicky for her birthday. I was going to make her a doily but I can't get motivated. I am thinking I will make her one in the pattern I shared with her (triangle accent scarf) which is what I am making Susan for her birthday.

Anyway I need to make a list of what I need to make and the deadline and GET MOTIVATED AND MOVING AND KNITTING AND CROCHETING! I have been lazy of late. And, of course, I saw a washcloth pattern I want to do. Yikes!

I do so much better with a list!

Oh I have to share this because I really liked it. I want to give credit where credit is due! There is a really nice husband and wife team who own and operate a store called "Spinning Yarns" in Dover, New Hampshire. When I am visiting my mom they are my local yarn shop. Anyway, she is a member of Ravelry (as am I - usename is, of course, Mutantpenguin). I looked at her profile and her philosophy about UFOs is inspiring. She says she never has more than 13 UFOs at a time because any more than 13 is unlucky. Isn't that great?!? I LOVE IT! Now I know why I just always gravitate there when I'm in New Hampshire!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home